Sene’s #39 Among Top Selling MLS Jerseys
- Updated: September 11, 2012
He may not have gotten first dibs on the 9 jersey when he arrived in February, but Saer Sene has been moving units on his #39 model all season long.
According to sales figures compiled from from MLSGear.com, MLSGearCanada.com and club websites, the Revolution striker’s jersey is among the Top 25 in the best-selling jersey category.
Sene, who scored 11 goals in 25 games this season, has the 24th most popular jersey in MLS based on sales from Mar. 10 through Sept. 10. The blonde mohawked forward was the lone Revolution representative on the Top 25 list.
The top of the list contained the usual suspects: David Beckham (1), Thierry Henry (2) and Landon Donovan (3) all filled the top three spots.
Here’s the rundown of the entire list:
Top selling adidas MLS player jerseys on MLSgear.com / MLSgearCanada.ca / MLS club websites (March 10 – September 10, 2012)
1. David Beckham LA Galaxy
2. Thierry Henry New York Red Bulls
3. Landon Donovan LA Galaxy
4. Fredy Montero Seattle Sounders FC
5. Dwayne De Rosario D.C. United
6. Chris Wondolowski San Jose Earthquakes
7. Tim Cahill New York Red Bulls
8. Robbie Keane LA Galaxy
9. Mauro Rosales Seattle Sounders FC
10. Brian Ching Houston Dynamo
11. Darlington Nagbe Portland Timbers
12. Chris Pontius D.C. United
13. Osvaldo Alonso Seattle Sounders FC
14. Young-Pyo Lee Vancouver Whitecaps FC
15. Kris Boyd Portland Timbers
16. Barry Robson Vancouver Whitecaps FC
17. Eddie Gaven Columbus Crew
18. Brad Davis Houston Dynamo
19. Roger Torres Philadelphia Union
20. Freddy Adu Philadelphia Union
21. Kei Kamara Sporting Kansas City
22. Kyle Beckerman Real Salt Lake
23. Mike Magee LA Galaxy
24. Saer Sene New England Revolution
25. Arne Friedrich Chicago Fire